The Stacks token offering is officially opening today at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. As part of the first SEC-qualified token offering under the Reg A+ framework, Blockstack is offering up to $28 million of Stacks tokens in our cash sale. The general offering price is $0.30 per token, and the voucher program price is $0.12 per token.
The token offering will fuel further growth of the Blockstack decentralized computing network, allowing the ecosystem to continue working toward a future where violations of user trust are impossible and where value accrues with the users and the value creators, and not just centralized corporations. By giving everyone, not just accredited investors, the opportunity to participate in the Blockstack network, we can accelerate the growth of an open, a user-controlled internet.
Voucher holders, such as early community members, developers, or others who received vouchers during the 2017 token offering and who pre-registered before the May 28, 2019 voucher pre-registration deadline, may purchase up to the amount for which they pre-registered at $0.12 per token. Voucher holders may purchase additional tokens at the general offering price of $0.30 per token. If you’re a voucher holder and you already successfully pre-registered, you can proceed directly to payment by logging in. You cannot get new vouchers.
We have pre-allocated the voucher program based on pre-registration. We will notify voucher holders at least five days prior to the day on which we terminate the voucher program at less than full subscription.
Please note that voucher holders who want to purchase more tokens than they indicated in their pre-registration may have their purchase reduced to the amount they originally indicated in their pre-registration in the event that the program is oversubscribed.
To participate in the general offering, register at stackstoken.com. If you pre-registered and were approved, you will also be able to login and then proceed straight to payment steps.
Thank you for your support of the Blockstack network and app ecosystem; you’re ushering in a world of software that can’t be evil by design and enables fundamental digital rights to all.
- The general offering is happening on a first-come, first-serve basis, as measured by receipt of payment. Please consider this when selecting a payment method, for example ACH will process much slower than other methods. If the sale fills up while your payment is processing, you may miss out on the opportunity to purchase Stacks tokens. You can learn more about payment processing times here.
- If you are planning to purchase more than $200,000 worth of Stacks tokens, our investor relations team would like to assist you personally. You may proceed with purchasing up to $200,000 through stackstoken.com and work with our investor relations team for any additional purchases above that amount. Please email [email protected] and we’ll get in touch with you.
Communication and security:
- The only place you can purchase Stacks is via stackstoken.com (sale.stackstoken.com). Check the URL in your browser. There are no other places you can participate in the sale.
- We will never ask you to send keys to us via email, Telegram, etc.
- Make sure that the e-mail you are using to participate with has 2FA enabled (preferably using a method other than SMS).
- Make sure you also have 2FA enabled on your Coinlist account.
- When setting up your Stacks wallet, be sure to store your backup phrase securely. Or, if you are using a hardware wallet, ensure that the hardware wallet’s backup phrase is secured. Information on backup phrases (or seed phrases) is available here and some security recommendations are provided here.
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has qualified the offering statement that we have filed with the SEC. The information in that offering statement is more complete than the information we are providing now, and could differ in important ways. You must read the documents filed with the SEC before investing. The offering is being made only by means of its offering statement. This document shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.
An indication of interest involves no obligation or commitment of any kind. Any person interested in investing in any offering of Stacks Tokens should review our disclosures and the publicly filed offering statement and the final offering circular that is part of that offering statement at https://stackstoken.com/circular. Blockstack is not registered, licensed or supervised as a broker dealer or investment adviser by the SEC, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) or any other financial regulatory authority or licensed to provide any financial advice or services.
This communication contains forward-looking statements that are based on our beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available to us. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the following words: “will,” “expect,” “would,” “intend,” “believe,” or other comparable terminology. Forward-looking statements in this document include, but are not limited to, statements about our plans for developing the platform and future utility for the Stacks Token, our Reg A+ offering and launch of our network, and collaborations and partnerships. These statements involve risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that may cause actual results or performance to be materially different. More information on the factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause or contribute to such differences is included in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in the “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion & Analysis” sections of our offering statement on Form 1-A. We cannot assure you that the forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. We disclaim any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.