Come meet the Blockstack team, thought leaders in the crypto world, and connect with supporters of decentralization near you. Learn more and Register.
Blockstack is pleased to announce a global speaker and Meetup events series; the Decentralizing the World Tour. The tour kicks off today and will feature some of the most forward thinking projects and people discussing real problems that are being solved with decentralized technology, while challenging you with ideas that may reshape society.
The tour is made up of 4 major event stops hosted by Blockstack: New York, London, Hong Kong and San Francisco as well as numerous Meetup stops in a growing number of cities. Meetups will be led by local Evangelists with support from Blockstack and will feature tailored content and special guests much like the major event stops. Speakers at all tour stops will take on important topics with both global and local importance such as:
- The Impact of decentralization in at-risk communities
- Decentralizing Social Networks
- What business models will exist on the decentralized internet?
- What it will take to get to billions of decentralized app users
- The potential impact of decentralization in our daily lives
- The importance of Layer 2
- Why do we need decentralized storage and networks?
- What makes an essential cryptocurrency?
We’re excited to announce the first set of events we’ve already confirmed, with many more to come:
Speaker Series Events:
- New York City, September 13, benefiting Girls Who Code* and featuring:
- Muneeb Ali, Blockstack, Co-founder
- Alex Gladstein, Human Rights Foundation
- Farida Nabourema, Togolese writer, blogger, Co-founder, Faure Must Go and Executive Director, Togolese Civil League
- Megha Rajagopalan, BuzzFeed
- Justin Hunter, Graphite
- Avthar Sewrathan, Richard Adjei and Felix Madutsa: collaborating on Afari, a decentralized social network
- London – Date and Location TBD
- Hong Kong – Date and Location TBD
- San Francisco – Date and Location TBD
- San Francisco on 8.21.2018 featuring Ryan Shea, Blockstack Co-founder and Prabhaav Bhardwaj and Alex Carreira of Stealthy, a decentralized communication protocol built on Blockstack.
- New York City on 8.22.2018 featuring Muneeb Ali, Blockstack Co-founder and Avthar Sewrathan, Richard Adjei and Felix Madusta from Afari, a decentralized social network built on Blockstack. Afari is working to tackle issues of data privacy, censorship and creator compensation.
- Amsterdam on 8.22.2018 featuring Michael Kaisers (PhD in Distributed Systems) and Aaron Blankstein, Blockstack Engineer.
- Seattle on 9.26.2018
- Portland on 11.9.2018
- Boston, date TBD
- Paris, date TBD
- Bengalaru, date TBD
- Ho Chi Minh, date TBD
- Singapore, date TBD
- More to be confirmed soon!
Stay tuned for more events by following #BlockstackTour on Twitter or opting in for alerts below – we’ll be keeping the tour site up to date as events come in. If there’s already an event near you, register with the links above or at the tour page. If there isn’t an event near you, reach out to [email protected] and we can work together to bring a stop to your community!
Blockstack PBC will donate all profits from the New York City tour event on September 13th, 2018 to Girls Who Code. Girls Who Code helps to educate and equip girls to pursue opportunities in tech! Donations help them reach more girls with their free programs, find and train volunteers and teachers for their clubs and summer immersion programs, create a world-class curriculum for their classrooms, and develop new programs to close the gender gap in tech.